Monday, October 20, 2008

Sarah Palin Supports Anti-Gay Federal Marriage Amendment



Palin and McCain Disagree on Federal Gay Marriage Ban

Palin told CBN that she supports a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. John McCain voted agasint the FMA in 2004 and says the matter should be left to the states.

“In my own, state, I have voted along with the vast majority of Alaskans who had the opportunity to vote to amend our Constitution defining marriage as between one man and one woman. I wish on a federal level that that's where we would go because I don't support gay marriage.

“I'm not going to be out there judging individuals, sitting in a seat of judgment telling what they can and can't do, should and should not do,” she said. “But I certainly can express my own opinion here and take actions that I believe would be best for traditional marriage and that's casting my votes and speaking up for traditional marriage that, that instrument that it's the foundation of our society is that strong family and that's based on that traditional definition of marriage, so I do support that.”

IN the VP debate, Palin got away with seeming to be opposed to discrimination against LGBT people, while as Gov. of Alaska she was legally forced to veto a bill that would have withdrew Domestic Partnership Benefits, but she supported an effort to amend the state constitution to do so.

Once again, the Republican candidates, and their apologists in the Gay community, are trying to hide their hostility to equal rights for gay people.

I'm sure the Uncle Tom Log Cabin Republicans will have a spin on this..

The Democratic Party, and the Democratic candidates, oppose the Federal anti-gay amendment as well as the state amendments supported by the Republicans.

Obama Pride

LGBT for Obama

Obama and McCain on LGBT Issues

No comments: