Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Steve Cohen Running for House Dist. 9

TN State Sen. Steve Cohen announced Monday that he is running for the U.S. House Dist. 9 seat being vacated by Harold Ford Jr. who is running for the U.S. Senate. Steve Cohen ran unsuccessfully against Harold Ford Jr. about 10 years ago. I ran against Harold Ford Jr. as a write-in candidate in 2004 after Jr. voted for the Republican anti-gay marriage constitutional amendment. I had considered running again this election, but decided to wait and see if a progressive candidate runs that I can support and that has the political experience and resources to win. I had begged Steve to run and am glad he is. Cohen is one of the few politicians in Tennessee I can support enthusiastically. He is well qualified to for House of Representatives, and he is a progressive Democrat who stands up for his principles. I urge everyone to support him!

No comments: