Friday, November 20, 2009

Another Gay Teen Murdered


Black Gay Teen Murdered in Baltimore
Jason Mattison Jr., 15, an openly gay high schooler, was found dead last week in his aunt’s home; the suspect charged, Dante Parrish, 35, was a family friend. Mattison was raped, gagged with a pillowcase, stabbed repeatedly in the head and throat and shoved in a closet.

Vigils will be held on Sunday across the country to honor the lives of Jorge Steven Lopez Mercado of Puerto Rico and Jason “Jaysen” Mattison Jr.

Both teens were brutally slain in separate instances last week.

1 comment:

Myron said...

Wow right in my home town :(. I know there are many homphobes in Baltimore as I meet them alot. My family and some of my friends back home in Baltimore are also homophobic, but I do not think they would go as far as these violent killers did.

It really is sad that some people fear non-heterosexuals and feel threaten by them so much. I really do not understand it.