Monday, June 11, 2007

Mid-South Pride



Here I am with my Impeach Bush sign at the start of the Mid-South Pride parade Sunday. It was a good day, Mid-South Pride has been improving each year it has taken over Memphis Pride. It was encouraging see a few Democratic candidates at the Pride Festival. State Senator Beverly Marrero and Jeanne Richardson, the candidate to replace her in the TN House (Dist. 89) spoke, as did Herman Morris, candidate for Memphis Mayr. Morris seemed pretty supportive of equal rights for LGBT people, and any candidate who speaks in favor of "lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender" rights deserves our support. But where were the other candidates ???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pride was good this year. My whole family marched (I was stuck in a booth).

My husband was carrying the PFLAG banner and the kids were blowing bubbles. My daughter walked with MAGY.

Glad you had a great time!