Saturday, December 19, 2009

Some Good News

First, sorry I haven't been posting a lot lately. My step-father died last friday and I've been dealing with that and visiting my mother in north Arkansas. My step-father Dave was a good man who gave my mother and my family lots of love and happiness. He will be missed...

Now, after a string of bad news for LGBT civil rights, we have a couple of good news items this past week.

First, Houston Texas elected a lesbian Mayor! Change is possible even in a conservative state like Texas!

Second, Washington D.C. Legalized Same-Sex Marriages!

Justice and equality prevailed over right-wing religious bigotry.

The bad news is that the Democratic Congress and the Obama Administration are putting off LGBT equality for at least another year...

No comments: